Back to all entries
Ming Smith on how her past informs her present
A TRAILBLAZING ARTIST
Ming Smith discusses her work and how her past informs her present
1. How does your work inform your style?
2. What makes you feel most empowered?
3. You have photographed some of the great artists from Grace Jones to James Baldwin. Looking back on those moments, did you recognize these photographs would be so impactful?
4. What was it like being at Studio 54 with Grace Jones?
5. What's your favorite thing to do in your downtime right now?
6. What have you been photographing during quarantine, if at all?
The story behind Miranda Zhang's artworks
New York-based artist Miranda Fengyuan Zhang's fiber works exist at the border of abstraction and representation.